By: iCopywriter Senior Editor, Heather Price-Wright
Lately, our FreakyFriday blogs have been focused on the weird ways other people use technology and social media. But look, we’re fair people, and we’re totally willing to admit that we’re right there with them. After all, when even the folks at Facebook are worried that people misuse Facebook and develop unhealthy relationships with social media, we know it’s a big, big problem.
So today, in the interest of fairness and hilarity (and the fact that we’re actually allowed to waste time on Social Media while we’re at work), we turn the microscope on ourselves and give you:
10 Freaky Ways We Use Facebook (and Other Social Media)
10. Posting funny status updates, and then immediately and repeatedly refreshing out notifications to see how many likes we can get.
9. Following things like “Taco Bell” and “Lady Gaga” and pretending these things are actually our friends, inviting us over for tacos or letting us know they love us “little monsters.”
8. Getting deliberately furious with the status updates, articles and pictures shared by our “friends” whose political opinions differ from our own.
7. Engaging in pointless debates with said “friends” that always devolve into 70-comment-long trolling matches.
6. Looking at pictures of the children of people we dated in high school.
3. Signing on through other people’s Facebook accounts to stalk the weirdos (they’re the weirdos, not us – trust us) who have defriended and/or blocked us.
2. Laughing hysterically at stupid memes we have seen roughly 1,000,000 times.
1. Two words: Wedding pictures. Our friends’, our friends of friends’, random strangers’ … if you’ve posted pictures of your special day anywhere on Facebook, we’ve probably looked at Every. Single. One. It’s a problem.
What about you? What creepy behaviors do you engage in on social media, and what totally freaks you out when other people do it? Let your social media freak flag fly in the comments!
Have you checked out iCopywriter.com lately? We’re here for all your SEO copywriting needs!